Wednesday 13 February 2008

How many knickers are normal?

I've just been re-organizing my lingerie drawer (I'm anally neat and everything is compartmented by item - bra, knicker, short, thong etc - Although, I'm not so bad that I fold my knickers!) and I realised that I have an awful lot of knickers/briefs - bottoms in general but not enough bras for my liking.

So I decided to count them and I have 49 pairs of pants/briefs/bottoms, call them what you will. This total does not include the contents of my laundry basket, which probably holds at least another 10 pairs.

Is this a lot?

It sounds like a lot and looks like a lot, but I never seem to have the perfect pair at hand to match whatever mood I am in! Just so you know, I do throw old ones out - I don't want you thinking I've hoarded them for years! However, I just never seem to have enough!

I guess it is a lot if you think I could go for at least 7-weeks without doing a wash! I counted my boyfriend's and he only has 10 pairs! I couldn't believe it - I know I would never be able to survive on just 10 - it's a scary thought!

Unfortunately I don't nearly have enough bras to match my bottoms. I have matching sets, but as you can guess from the multitude of briefs in my drawer, I am a mix and match kind of girl. I love cute little shorties for day wear (like these American Apparel boyish-girl pants below)and co-ordinate on special occasions!

...So how many knickers have you got? Do you think I am totally crazy?

0 comments:

Google