Wednesday 6 February 2008

Bra Fitting

We're always hearing statistics about how the majority of women are wearing an incorrect bra size, but it is so so important to wear a good fitting bra. For starters, your boobs will be uplifted and perky, and my personal favourite reason; it makes you look slimmer, as an uplifted bust will help to define your waist below.

Your straps dig into your shoulders, the cups sag or stand away from your bust (depending on whether the cups are padded or not), you get the dreaded 'four-boob' condition, the middle of your bra isn't laying flat against your chest; these are all indicators that your bra does not fit you.

Now I wasn't always an angel when it came to wearing the right size bra. I'd never quite gotten used to my chest, which suddenly appeared overnight, and the attention it received and I was in denial over how big it was. I had worn a 34D/DD for a couple of years until I finally admitted to myself that this was not my size. However, after visiting several high street fitters like Marks and Spencer's and John Lewis, annoyingly, I continued to be fitted at this size and given bras that had too much give in the back and often getting my pet-hate 'four-boob' condition.

I had heard on several occasions about how Rigby & Peller were bra fitting extraordinaires and finally visited them for a fitting about a year ago. You can generally walk into their stores and wait for an appointment (although it can sometimes be a while), but they do have allocated time slots for advance bookings.

The fitters at Rigby & Peller have amazingly trained eyes and they measure just by looking at your chest (with no bra on) - no tape measures used! The fitter took one look at me, disappeared and came back within seconds for a bra for me to try... Voila! It fit perfectly. When I looked at the label I almost had a heart attack to discover I was actually a 30F! I had no idea the bras I was wore were that off! I must admit I was quite upset at first when I thought about getting hold of pretty and affordable (Rigby & Peller can be quite expensive) bras in my size, and for any of you out there with the same concerns, they can be found! That's the reason I decided to set up this blog, because it can take a bit of hunting to find gorgeous big cup bras.

So apologies to my smaller cupped sisters but most of the bras featured on this site are aimed at those of us looking for big bra sizes, although do check occasionally because some of the bras featured do begin at an A-cup; just feel lucky that you have so much more choice!

For Rigby & Peller bra fitting advice, click here

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog! I've heard really good things about Rigby & Peller even though I'm here in the States.

Thanks for the post on my blog! I look forward to seeing your future posts!

-Gayvin (aka:Eve)

www.evesapples.blogspot.com/

Google